Getting FIT is a challenge for most of us. It takes dedication, a willingness to change old habits and the affirmative belief that you can be fit. While we hate to use the word “work” when relating to physical fitness, we understand that it feels like work to most people. So perhaps viewing your fitness program as a side job may not be so far off?? It might just be the only part-time job that pays benefits! By becoming MDfit you’ll gain increased energy, a better mood, and improved appearance…just to name a few things. Here are some questions to help assess whether YOU are ready to transform your health and make this Your Best Year Ever!
Are you willing to….
- CHANGE YOUR EATING HABITS by eating out less and cooking healthy meals at home to include plenty of vegetables and fruits, whole grains, fish, low-fat dairy products and drinking plenty of water daily? Read our Article: Healthy Meal Planing in 6 Easy Steps!
- SCHEDULE REGULAR EXERCISE minimally for 150 minutes each week? This is vital to your overall wellness to include some form of physical exercise in your daily routine. Doing so will help you maintain your fitness goal. Make time for fitness!
- BE PATIENT As the saying goes “good things take time” remember that losing weight and maintaining a fitness program is a lifelong process. Reflecting on the immediate benefits like the ones mentioned above will surely compliment your weight loss and improved muscle tone that will be taking place as you progress through your fitness program.
- HANDLE LIFE’S LEMONS We all face distractions in our lives that can sabotage our efforts ~ if we let them! Eating healthy and exercising regularly will help you get a handle on life’s challenges.
- FORGIVE YOURSELF So you didn’t workout today or you ate more than your share of the cake. Forgive and get back on track. We all need our share of forgiveness every now and again. It is only when we forget what our objective is that we fall off track.
- STAY FOCUSED on the “why” behind your fitness goal? Reflecting on WHY you want to be healthy will serve as a constant reminder. Place pictures or quotes that represent your motivational goal where you will see them often.
- BE REALISTIC WITH YOUR GOALS Don’t expect six pack abs or to have lost an extreme amount of weight in two weeks. It is best to shoot for one to two pounds of weight loss per week. Then after sticking with a fitness program for 4-6 weeks, the increased muscle definition will become more noticeable.
- SHARE YOUR VICTORIES with others? Spread the word about what you are trying to achieve. Maybe enlist a workout buddy. Teaming up with another individual might just be the support that you or another needs to forge ahead.
- REWARD YOURSELF Recognize your achievements. Taking control of your wellness is commendable and deserves a pat on the back… or a new purse, shoes, watch… easy now.
- COMMIT FOR A LIFETIME That’s what wellness is about. Not extreme workouts or fads that come and go. It’s a sustainable way of life that includes a program that supports your fitness and nutritional goals.
1. How to Set and Keep Goals to Make This the Best Year Ever | Jen @ Girl in Garage
2. 15 Ways to Stay Organised at Work During 2015 | Elizabeth Harrin @ A Girl’s Guide to Project Management
3. How Personal Style Will Help You Achieve Goals Faster in 2015 | Cherene Francis @ Aura Image Consulting
4. Completing Those Unfinished Projects in the NEW YEAR | Angela Lerew @ Unexpected Elegance
5. 42 Ways to Practice Perfectly & Become an Expert at Almost Anything | Amy Garro @ 13 Spools
6. Easy Exercises to do on a Cruise Ship | Amanda Woods @ Adventures All Around
7. 10 Simple Ways to Eat Healthier This Year | Dawn @ Reveal Natural Health
8. 31 Days to a More Fabulous You | Julie Bonner @ Mom Fabulous
9. How to Make This the Best Gardening Year Ever | Kendra Spencer @ a Sonoma Garden
10. 5 Ways to Make this Your Best Monarch Season…Ever! | Tony Gomez @ Monarch Butterfly Garden
11. 12 Scriptures for Goals and Guidance | Julie @ Loving Christ Ministries
12. How to Build a Starter Emergency Fund in 30 Days or Less | Jackie Beck @ The Debt Myth
13. Family Verse of the Week Challenge for 2015 | Jamie Yonash @ Life is Sweeter By Design
14. Hot Work at Home Jobs for 2015 | Holly Hanna @ The Work at Home Woman
15. A Year of Intention | Hilary Bernstein @ Accidentally Green
16. 2015: Our Best Year Yet | Ashley @ Leaving the Rut
17. Create a Better Life Story | Bronwen Warner @ Tummy Time and Beyond
18. Get Ready to Get MDfit | Tom and Anne @ Eat & Be Fit
19. 5 Free Ways to Learn Something New This Year | Sarah Fuller @ Earning and Saving with Sarah Fuller
20. Healthy Leek Soup | Mirlandra @ Mirlandra’s Kitchen
21. Health Resolutions: Baby Steps to a New You | Ellen Christian @ Confessions of an Overworked Mom
22. 5 Ways Busy Moms Can Get Motivated to Work Out | Diane Nassy @ philZENdia
23. Be Prepared for the New Year | Jennifer Dunham Starr @ The Memory Journalists
24. 3 Steps to a Healthier Life in 2015 | Joe Goodwill @Average Joe Cyclist
25. New Year’s Resolution: Cook More Often! | Kim Pawell @ Something New for Dinner
26. I Should What? 28 Ways to be Happier | Karen Young @ Hey Sigmund
27. 9 Ways to Get Healthier In The New Year | Amy Maus @ Home and Farm Sense
28. In 2015 Resolve to Take Control of Your Money | Kristia @ Family Balance Sheet
29. Eucharisteo: A Year of Thanksgiving | Lani Padilla @ Simply Fresh Vintage
30. No More Tears at IEP Meetings: Make This Your Best Year Ever! | Lisa Lightner @ A Day In Our Shoes
31. Learn to Save Money on Groceries | Melissa Buckles @ Everyday Savvy
32. How to Achieve Your New Year’s Resolution – For Real This Time! | Michelle @ Dishes and Dust Bunnies
33. 52 Weeks to a Better You: Week 1 – Go to Bed Early | Mindi Cherry @ Moms Need to Know
34. Food Street: How a Community Has Joined Forces to Start a Street Farm | Sam Walker @ Bubble ‘N Squeak
35. Organizing Coupons with the Binder Method | Sara Steigerwald @ Sisters Shopping on a Shoe String
36. How to Make This Year the Happiest Yet | Shambray @ Shambray.com
37. A New Year, A New You | Sharon Rowe @ How to Get Organized at Home
38. 5 Ways to Get Paid for Losing Weight This Year | Anna @ Real Ways to Earn Money at Home
39. Tips for Successful Whole30 | Deanna Michaels @ From This Kitchen Table
40. 75 Ways to Be Healthier in 2015 | Maryea Flaherty @ Happy Healthy Mama
41. How to Make 2015 the Best Year Ever! | Jennifer @ My Boys & Their Toys
Fashion Resolutions: How to Add Style to Any Outfit | Ellen Christian @ The Socialite’s Closet